Saturday, January 10, 2009

Finally, A Granola Recipe I Can Do...

I love granola, but it usually is either too expensive to buy or too expensive/too much trouble to make. Most of them anyway are high in fat and aren't the healthiest anyway. I'm thankful to Path To Freedom's post on Skillet Granola. It fills a void with my family of "we're tired of plain oatmeal" to "hey, I can make it in like 10 minutes."

I found that I can substitute the sesame seeds for other things like "Bob's Red Mill 10 Grain Hot Cereal" I wasn't a huge fan of this cereal by itself, but it works wonderfully in this granola. I also was able to add some tropical trail mix I got from the Dollar Tree instead of raisins. I really like the flavor. :) I prefer to eat this cold with milk like regular cereal.

No comments:

Post a Comment