Friday, January 2, 2009

Why A New Blog?

As many may already know, I am also the owner of the blog, Gardening 4 Life. It's my first blog and I am completely hooked on blogging now! My intentions for setting up Gardening 4 Life was to blog about gardening and everything else that goes along with it. It's coming along just fine, even in the quiet of winter. Soon I will be off and running as outside chores begin to pick up and boy, do they pick up quickly!

Now as for the new blog I'm committing myself to... Well, I can't tell you how many times I come up with something I want to discuss, then realize, "Hey, that's not about gardening!" Then I try to refocus on something I can post about there. I usually have plenty of ideas, but it doesn't encompass many of the quirky things I have running through my head, such a frugal living and the stuff that goes along with it.

Deep ingrained in me is the drive to try new things to be more frugal. I've been a student of this for as long as I can remember. The Tightwad Gazette by Amy Dacyzyn has been my inspiration over the years to push the envelope, challenge the status quo and think outside the box.

I've been sitting on the edge of my seat for a long time reading the many blogs I enjoy wanting to say, "This is something I've been doing for years and instead of calling it "green" it was called other things like "frugal", "tightwad" and "penny-pinching." Many of the same concepts are crossing over into the green movement that used to be looked at as miserly. I LIKE the new acceptance of these set of ideals because it JUST MAKES GOOD CENTS!

I'm hoping that the years of research and life lessons on frugality that I have will be a blessing to those who may be looking for a little extra help now. I also hope it will give me a forum to finally say something in the right place and time!

No comments:

Post a Comment